Speech Therapy in Aurora, Illinois
Do you have a loved one in the Aurora, Illinois area who is having difficulty speaking or swallowing? Consider speech therapy at Elmwood Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. We offer each guest an individualized care plan, tailored to you and your family’s exact specifications.
At Elmwood Terrace, our goal is to provide excellent care that allows guests to regain independence and return home as quickly as possible. Speech therapy is one of the many treatment options available to guests at Elmwood Terrace; it is an important feature of our short-term rehabilitation program.
We’ve recently updated and expanded our services and facilities. With a multi-million dollar renovation, we now have many new and improved amenities to offer guests, including:
- A remodeled Dialysis Suite
- Updated therapy rooms
- Updated technology and a new computer system
- New outdoor patios and fruit and vegetable garden
- Flat screen TVs throughout our facilities
- New flooring and woodwork
- Individual climate control for guest rooms
Call us today to schedule a tour of our facilities: 815-590-3690
Elmwood Terrace’s Associate Doctors & Specialists in the Aurora Area
At Elmwood Terrace, we a partner with many of the best physicians and primary care providers in Aurora and the surrounding communities, including:
- Dr. Malkan Patel – Primary Care Physician, Mercy Hospital
- Dr. Muhammed Ali – Primary Care Physician, Mercy Hospital
- Dr. Abdul Qadir – Primary Care Physician, Private Practice
- Dr. Sitafir Sayeed – Primary Care Physician, Mercy Hospital
Our caring staff is dedicated to treating you like family; we strive to create a positive experience for our guests. In fact, we’ve recently been awarded a 5-star Medicare Rating for quality measures and patient care.
What Is Speech Therapy?
Speech therapy focuses on helping guests learn or relearn important communication skills. It also often involves helping guests learn to swallow correctly. Speech therapy treatments will vary depending on a guest’s needs. Many treatments work on overcoming both physical and mental barriers to speech and swallowing.
How Can Speech Therapy Help?
The ability to communicate is an important part of a happy normal life. When communicating is difficult, it may be hard for recovering individuals to connect with loved ones, express their thoughts, and ask for assistance when needed. This can be frustrating, discouraging, and depressing for guests.
Speech therapy builds confidence, and helps protect guest’s mental health while giving them important tools for succeeding in day-to-day life. This therapy is especially important for individuals who need it in order to swallow correctly because it significantly improves their quality of life and eliminates safety concerns.
Benefits of Speech Therapy
At Elmwood Terrace, guests have access to:
- A wide variety of treatments including speech therapy
- A comfortable safe environment to recover their health
- Healthy and delicious meals prepared to meet their nutritional needs
- Community activities and learning opportunities
- Around the clock monitoring by trained professionals
- Up to 3 hours of therapy daily for guests, 7 days a week
- Immediate access to medical experts in the event of an emergency
- Convenient in house treatments so you don’t have to worry about transportation to another facility
- Experienced and knowledgeable professionals who care about helping you regain independence
Contact Elmwood Terrace For More Info
If you are interested in learning more about what Elmwood Terrace has to offer, we invite you to call and talk to us at 815-590-3690. We have staff members who speak both English and Spanish, so we can help guests from many different backgrounds. If you’d prefer to contact us online, just fill out the simple contact form and we’ll get in touch with you.
We’d love to answer any questions you may have about our facility, our treatment options and our staff. Call today, or better yet, schedule a tour of Elmwood Terrace so you can see the results of our multi-million dollar renovation in person and meet our friendly compassionate team. We look forward to meeting and serving you and your family—schedule your visit soon!