Physical Therapy in Aurora, Illinois
Physical therapy is an important part of the short-term rehabilitation program at Elmwood Terrace. If you are looking for a place where your loved one can safely recover after a surgery, our facility is an excellent option. Each guest receives an individualized care plan, with many options to choose from for you and your family.
At Elmwood Terrace, guests have a safe place to live with access to around the clock medical care and monitoring, healthy meals, on-site convenient treatment, and community activities. Guests can recover in a welcoming environment while working toward returning home and living independently. Our goal is to get guests back home, doing what they love, as quickly as possible.
We’ve recently undergone a multi-million dollar renovation, and we’d love to give you a tour of our building! Call today to schedule your visit: 815-590-3690
Meet The Elmwood Terrace Physical Therapy Staff
Our compassionate team members at Elmwood Terrace are experienced and knowledgeable. Many have been with us for over 7 years, and love coming into work every day to serve our guests.
As members of the Aurora community, we’re dedicated to serving our neighbors and improving the quality of life of our guests. We work closely with physicians and specialists in the Aurora medical community, including:
- Dr. Syed M. Zaffer – Physiatrist and Rehabilitation Specialist
- Dr. Muhammed Ali – Primary Care Physician with a background in cardiology, Mercy Hospital
- Dr. Sifatur Sayeed – Primary Care Physician, Mercy Hospital
- Dr. Malkan Patel – Primary Care Physician, Mercy Hospital
- Dr. Abdul Qadir – Primary Care Physician, Private Practice
What Is Physical Therapy?
Physical therapy is all about teaching your body and your brain how to work together and move correctly. Physical therapy can help individuals strengthen key muscles, improve mobility, alleviate pain, and retrain the body. Physical therapy may include stretches, strengthening exercises, and more.
Why Is Physical Therapy Important?
Physical therapy is an important part of recovery for many short term care guests. Benefits of physical therapy include:
- Regain independence after an illness, injury or surgery
- Reduce and alleviate pain
- Increase mobility and stay active
Who Needs Physical Therapy?
Physical therapy can help individuals in many different situations. People who may need physical therapy include:
- Those recovering from a surgery or joint replacement
- Guests recovering from a broken bone or strained muscle
- People recovering from a long period of inactivity caused by illness
- Guests recovering from strokes
- People recovering from spinal cord injuries
- Guests with peripheral nerve paralysis
Five Star Medicare Rating for Quality Measures
Thanks for our recent upgrades, we’re proud to announce our 5-star Medicare Rating for quality measures and patient care. Some of our updated facilities and expanded care options include:
- Remodeled dialysis suite
- Modern therapy rooms
- New computer systems
- Brand new outdoor patios
- Fruit and vegetable gardens for our guests’ enjoyment
- New flooring & lighting throughout
- Individual climate control for guest rooms
- New flat screen TVs
If you’d like to know more about our treatment options, updated facility, and staff call us today at 815-590-3690. We can answer any questions you may have or help you schedule a tour of the facility. See firsthand how we, at Elmwood Terrace, treat our guests like family!