Occupational Therapy in Aurora, Illinois
Occupational therapy is an effective tool for guests who want to regain independence. It can help guests learn or relearn skills that are essential for living on their own. The skills could range from very simple tasks to higher-level abilities depending on the guest’s needs and goals.
Occupational therapy is one of the many treatment options offered to guests at Elmwood Terrace in Aurora, IL. Each of our guests receives an individualized care plan, and occupational therapy is a central part of our short-term rehabilitation program.
Give us a call today to schedule a friendly tour of our building: 815-590-3690 We’re excited to show off our recent multi-million dollar renovation, with exciting new additions such as:
- Our remodeled dialysis suite
- Updated therapy rooms
- Brand new computer systems
- Beautiful outdoor patios and vegetable garden
- Updated woodwork and brand new flooring throughout
- Flat screen TVs
- Individual climate control in guest rooms
Meet Our Friendly, Bilingual Staff
Our knowledgeable and bilingual team members are ready to answer your questions and provide educational information. Whether you are looking for care for yourself, a spouse, a parent, or another family member, Elmwood Terrace has the resources to help.
Doctors and specialists in the Aurora, IL community associated with Elmwood Terrace include:
- Dr. Syed Zaffer – Physical Medicine and Physiatrist
- Dr. Muhammed Ali – Primary Care Physician with a background in cardiology, Mercy Hospital
- Dr. Malkan Patel – Primary Care Physician, Mercy Hospital
- Dr. Abdul Qadir – Primary Care Physician, Private Practice
- Dr. Sifatur Sayeed – Primary Care Physician, Mercy Hospital
Schedule a tour of our facility to learn even more about how we help our guests recover and regain independence. We look forward to meeting and serving you!
What Is Occupational Therapy?
Occupational therapy focuses on using a variety of treatments to help people develop or recover important life and work skills. Occupational therapy treatment is tailored to the individual and their specific needs.
Why Is Occupational Therapy Important?
Occupational therapy is a valuable tool that helps guests develop or regain skills that allow them to be independent. For some individuals that may mean learning how to dress, eat, and bathe without help. Others may need assistance building daily routines, managing medication, or learning to write. For other individuals it could involve improving motor skills, communication skills, and more.
Benefits of occupational therapy include:
- Improved mental and physical health
- Increased confidence
- Improved coping with difficult situations
- Improved ability to find and maintain employment
- Preventing more serious problems in the future
Who Needs Occupational Therapy?
Occupational therapy can help a wide variety of people including:
- Individuals recovering from a stroke
- Amputees learning to use a prosthetic
- Individuals with spinal cord injuries
- People with arthritis or multiple sclerosis
- People with physical disabilities or developmental disorders
Discover the Welcoming Environment at Elmwood Terrace
Elmwood Terrace is an excellent atmosphere for people who are working towards achieving independence. Our friendly, knowledgeable medical professionals work hard to help guests recover as quickly as possible so they can return home to the things they love.
Guests at Elmwood Terrace have access to around the clock medical care from experienced professionals. We provide comfortable and convenient place to live, eliminating the need to travel for therapy and treatments. Our guests have access to a wide variety of treatment options, community activities, and healthy meals.
If you have a loved one who needs help learning how to complete important daily tasks, occupational therapy may help them live a more fulfilling life.
Interested in learning about occupational therapy in Aurora, IL? Call us today at 815-590-3690 or fill out our contact form online to schedule a tour of our updated facilities.