Wound Care in Aurora, Illinois
At Elmwood Terrace in Aurora, IL, our experienced medical professionals have the training and expertise to provide top-notch wound care to our guests. If you are looking for wound care in the Aurora area for yourself or for a parent, spouse, or other family member, Elmwood Terrace can help.
Our friendly staff and directors love working with our guests and many of the people on our team have been with Elmwood Terrace for over 7 years. We give you and your family many choices, including an individualized care plan catered to your needs.
We’d love to offer you a tour of our beautiful facilities! We’re proud to unveil a new, multi-million dollar renovation of our entire center. Updated amenities include brand new patios, a fruit and vegetable garden for our guests, and new technology including a modern computer system.
Give us a call to set up your tour today at 630-897-3100
Meet our Wound Care Team
Elmwood Terrace recently received a 5 Star Medicare Rating for Quality Measures (patient care). You can be sure that our dedicated staff works hard to create a caring environment for all our guests.
Felix Fonge is a local Nurse Practitioner who works closely with guests receiving wound care at Elmwood Terrace. Local doctors and general care physicians we work with include:
- Dr. Muhammed Ali – Primary Care Physician, Mercy Hospital
- Dr. Malkan Patel – Primary Care Physician, Mercy Hospital
- Dr. Sifatur Sayeed – Primary Care Physician, Mercy Hospital
- Dr. Abdul Qadir – Primary Care Physician, Private Practice
What is Wound Care?
Wound care is necessary for individuals who suffer from chronic and non-healing wounds. Proper wound care prevents infections, reduces pain, minimizes scarring, speeds up the recovery process for wounds that can be healed, and prevents non-healing wounds from deteriorating.
At any given time about 6 million Americans suffer from chronic non-healing wounds. Chronic wounds often develop as a result of complications from diabetes, long-term illnesses, immobility, burns, and vascular disorders.
Wound Care Practices at Elmwood Terrace
At Elmwood Terrace, we tailor wound care to our guest’s specific condition and needs. Typical wound care includes the following:
- Administration of medication to reduce pain and swelling.
- Treatment of existing infection with antibiotics and other medication.
- Cleansing the wound by flushing it with water and other safe liquid cleaning solutions.
- Removing dirt, dead skin, and other objects from the wound.
- Dressing the wound with bandages, gauze, gel, foam, or other dressings to prevent infection, retain moisture, and promote healing.
- Ensuring proper diet to provide guests with necessary nutrients. This helps our team make sure the body has all the vitamins and minerals it needs during the healing process.
Get in Touch Today
At Elmwood Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, we cater to many different needs. In some cases, guests need special wound care to stay healthy and comfortable. Our friendly staff is experienced, knowledgeable and ready to help. We always stay updated with the latest in medical technology and patient care, and our facility has recently undergone a multi-million dollar renovation.
If you’d like to learn more about what Elmwood Terrace has to offer, call to schedule a tour at 630-897-3100. You are also welcome to contact us online by filling out a simple form on our website. Just give us your contact information and someone will reach out to you quickly.