Meeting Nutritional Needs and Providing Customer Satisfaction for Nursing Home Residents
Is it possible?
Whether you are dining in a restaurant or dining in a short term care center in Aurora, IL, GREAT FOOD and GREAT SERVICE are the basic essentials in providing a quality meal.
Our chef and dietary team at Elmwood Terrace Nursing & Rehabilitation Center in Aurora, IL focus on these basic essentials to ensure mealtime is a quality experience every time for the individuals we serve.
Our population considers the dining experience at Elmwood to be one of the biggest highlights of their day.
As the majority of worker’s in the healthcare industry can attest to, food services satisfaction can be huge challenge. So, how has Elmwood met this challenge with success?
- The Chef and Dietary Staff work with individual’s, one-on-one to provide choices & preferences
- The Chef also takes time to participate in the Resident Council Meetings to review meal satisfaction, review meal suggestions, and design the menu for “The Meal of the Month”
- Offering individual’s the opportunity to share their favorite recipe
- Providing a “Special Menu” for that “Special Day” Mother’s Day Brunch will feature Baked Ham, homemade Quiche Loraine, Hash Browns, Broccoli Cheese, Homemade Yeast Roll, and Red Velvet Cake
- Monthly “Menu Highlights” May highlights are Pork Tacos al Pastor & real Mexican Rice & Beans
- Recognizing that resident’s typically do not look forward to the next medication pass but always look forward to breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- And last but not least, allowing family members to join their loved one for a meal
Call Elmwood Terrace Nursing & Rehabilitation Center to schedule a tour and sample an item from our menu. 630-897-3100